The Water Project
|Friday, March 26, 2010 12:00 pm||to||Sunday, March 28, 2010 9:00 pm|
Celebrate our most precious and endangered resource -WATER -with the The Water Project: Tucson’s Synergistic Water Festival on March 26-28, 2010. This event combines the energy of Tucson’s sustainability community with the vibrant arts community to provide an opportunity for the public to experience a festive collaboration, learn about water issues and have some fun!
This one of a kind participatory event celebrates, educates and facilitates the creative problem-solving of water issues through a multiplicity of sensory experiences:
• Performance: participant driven dance, theatre, puppetry and more
• Fashion Show: water theme character costumes and entertainment
• Art Happenings: side shows, paintings, sculptures, live music, creative maps and more
• Film Festival: water themed films with discussions
• Vendor & Info Tables: local and regional organizations, artisans and businesses involved in water issues
• Interactive Panel Discussion: informative community participation to creatively address water solutions
• Water Ritual: cross-cultural and interfaith expressions of water
The Water Project is the first annual event commemorating World Water Week in Tucson with a series of events that coincide with the international observance of World Water Day, an initiative founded at the 1992 United Nations Conference on Environment and Development (UNCED).
For more information, contact:
Jodi Netzer, Director/Producer, Jodi@WaterProjectFestival.org, 1.267.334.7857
Victoria Falcone-Camey, Event & Sponsorship Coordinator, Victoria@WaterProjectFestival.org, 1.520.305.9367
or visit http://www.WaterProjectFestival.org