Soil Steward Composting Toilet Program – Seeking Participants
- An early adopter who likes to be part of a cutting-edge pilot program to influence city and state policy?
- Tired of flushing potable water down the toilet and interested in building a legal composting toilet for your home?
- Interested in using alternative composting systems to improve your soil and fertilize trees and other plants?
- Want to get geeky about soil – how to build healthy soils and conserve water while producing food and lush native landscapes?
Watershed Management Group invites you to attend an informational session: Thursday, February 9th, 6-8pm. Register (free) to attend this informational session on participating in WMG’s Soil Steward Compost Toilet program (attendance required to apply to be a pilot participant) – Register here.
This informational session will include:
- The activities and information taught in the Soil Stewards program
- Composting toilet designs offered through the program (site-built), proper use, permitting, and legal issues
- How to apply to receive a subsidy and be an exclusive pilot participant to receive a legal site built composting toilet
If you’re interested in participating or learning more about our Soil Stewards program, please contact Catlow Shipek at catlow(at)watershedmg.org.
The project is possible through grant funding from the Environmental Protection Agency’s Region 9 for their environmental education projects.