Has HDR Engineers done what they were hired to do?
Here is the scope of work
The phrases below are excerpted from the 2011 Scope of Work issued by COT Dept. of Procurement for the Broadway Project used to issue the contract to HDR Engineering.
The consultant is to establish
- “an innovative and context sensitive, solutions-oriented approach toward the redesign of this major roadway…
- the selected team will redesign Broadway into a multi-modal boulevard using a variety of land use strategies to preserve historic structures…..
- Project development should include utilization of innovative urban design, streetscape, xeriscape and environmental sustainability concepts to promote a vibrant, green, and liveable urban character….
- consideration should be given to…long term transit development; the value of mid-century and other historic properties along the corridor; …and residential district location, form, and design.
- Part of this project will consider how to enhance transit capability and how planning and design of facilities can increase ridership as well as foster future development of a streetcar, or light-rail system.”
They haven’t done any of this.
City Council, Send the design back and tell them to do what they were hired to do!!!