Skip to content
Skip to main menu
- Tucson-area groups that meet on water issues
- Sustainable Water Management in the Arid West (PDF) – The Sonoran Institute’s recent report which also links sustainability to our current policies.
- The Pacific Institute – Water information documents, including:
- South African water expert Dr. Jackie King’s visit to Tucson in 2006 drew hundreds of Tucsonans. – Dr. King’s paradigm integrates values, science, and policies and provides a critical framework to examine Arizona’s water laws and policies: Two articles from local media:
- “Graywater Guidelines“ – Published by the Water Conservation Alliance of Southern Arizona, written by Val Little. (available in PDF on their website: www.watercasa.org)
- “Rainwater Harvesting for Landscape Use“ (PDF)– reference and guidebook, prepared by The Pima County Cooperative Extension Service and the Arizona Department of Water Resources, written by Patricia Waterfall and revised by Christina Bickelmann.
- Harvesting RainWater , or anything else by by Brad Lancaster. Brad, a super permaculturist, does everything and teaches everything about our local water resources.
- Roofwater Harvesting: A Handbook for Practitioners – This report by the International Water and Sanitation Centre (IRC) is a useful guide to rooftop water harvesting. It is intended for the developing world, but as a community that is transforming itself into a desert-adapted community, that is where we are, too.